Monday, March 4, 2013

My Action Research Study

As I mentioned before, I work as a special education teacher in a Title I school that didn’t make AYP in math. As the math special education teacher, I'm excited to implement an intervention for special education students that my district is providing. I would like to determine if this intervention helps my students be more successful in math, so I've decided to do an action research study on this topic.

 

The purpose of my proposed action research study is to investigate the impact of the math section of the program SuccessMaker on any differences with third, fourth, and fifth grade special education students’ scores on the Scholastic Math Inventory, which is an indicator for whether students will pass the math state exam.

 

The significance of my proposed action research study is that administrators, teachers, parents, and the community will know whether SuccessMaker is an effective intervention to help our school meet AYP in math. Special education teachers will know whether the implementation of this program is worth the effort to help students make growth in math. District leaders will know whether the program is a worthy investment to help special education students meet AYP in math. Students will know that SuccessMaker will help them be more successful in math, making it more likely that they will pass math and the math state exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment